IoBM Strategic goals include the goal of pursuing leading-edge research and engaging in the development of innovative ideas and analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Based on this goal, the CBM Strategy includes meeting AACSB standards for intellectual contributions and faculty qualifications and exceed them, development of research programs, research faculty and a thriving research culture at IoBM, and the development of executive training and faculty consultancy to drive the research relevance and rigor.
CBM Vision and Mission of Research Programs
Vision of research programs is the production of a real and measurable impact on society and industry through quality research published in impact factor journals and recognized by the industry.
Mission of CBM’s MS/MPhil/PhD research programs in business management is to pursue leading-edge research, engage in the development of innovative ideas and analytical skills, and encourage both faculty and students to be independent and creative thinkers.
CBM Research Committee
Research Committee headed by CBM Research coordinator is responsible for coordinating the various research initiatives of CBM. The committee encourages research through coordination with research students and research faculty and the relevant departments for facilitation of research activities. Its members are:
|Consumer/Organizational Behavior||Dr. Nadia Ayub|
|Management/Marketing||Dr Khalid Amin|
|Occupational/Business Psychology||Dr. Leenah Askari|
|Strategic Leadership, IT Strategy, Business Analytic, Research Ontology||Dr. Irfan Hyder|
|Operations Management and Quality Management||Dr. Ejaz Ahmed|
|Econometric, Risk Theory, Operations Research||Dr. Aqil Burney|
|Finance and Accounting||Dr. Mohammad Mahmud|
|Industrial Economics & Economic Management||Dr. Shahida Wizarat|
|Education Management||Dr. Nasreen Husain|
|Financial Engineering and Risk||Dr. Amjad Husain|
|Environment and Energy Management||Dr. Shahid Amjad|
|Industrial & Engineering Management||Dr. M Irshad|
|IS and IT Management||Dr. Abu Turab|
|Environment and Energy Management||Dr. Abdul Rauf Farooqi|
|Marketing/Management||Dr. Amir Saeed|
|Management & HRM||Dr. Aamir Firoz Shamsi|
|Accounting & Finance||Dr. Imam uddin|
|Organizational Management & Educational Leadership||Dr. Abid Ali|
|Experiential Learning/ Education Management||Dr. Shahida Moinudin|
|Project Management & Entrepreneurship||Dr. M A Shamim|
|Quality & Operation Management||Dr. Mussarat Ali Khan|
|Organizational Psychology||Dr. Shamim Ejaz|
|Media Studies: Mass Media Management||Dr. Erum Hafeez|
|Experiential Learning/ Management||Dr. Samra Javed|
|Education Management||Dr. Yousuf Sharjeel|
|Marketing/Management||Dr Tariq Jalees|
Office of Director Research coordinates the promotion and monitoring of research publications and ensuring that all the faculties and faculty members are involved in research.
Doctoral Committee: This is an institute level research committee which is called the doctoral committee which consists of the three deans with some other members. Its current scope is to look after the overall doctoral research across various colleges.
Travel grant committee which includes the three deans and director of research and its scope involves approving the funding’s for conferences visits and research publications.
Subsidized PhD Program: IoBM’s PhD programs are highly subsidized to encourage hard core research.
Research Fellowships: Research fellows are expected to contribute to research as well as teaching and are expected to be on the campus similar to a full-time faculty and teach two courses.
Research Assistants (RAs): Research students assist faculty members in specified R&D projects approved by the management. They work for stipulated number of hours for which they are paid for generating the predefined deliverable.
Faculty Incentive for doing PhD: Full time faculty is given course exemption incentive as well as the funding for the research degree. Some conditions apply.
Publication Incentives: Research faculty is given financial incentive for publishing in IFJs and in HEC recognized journals
Travel for Conferences: Research faculty is given travel grants for research and publishing papers in international conferences.
Research Funds are available at IoBM for pursuing industry relevant research and students and faculty are encouraged to submit the proposals.
Besides internal funding, EMEC provides support to faculty and research students for designing research proposals for various external funding agencies. EMEC has past experience of several such projects for external bodies.
HEC requires that MPhil/PhD students must defend their final thesis/dissertation in front of the external evaluates in an Open Defense.
In addition, IoBM also requires that the researchers starting their MPhil/PhD research must first defend their MPhil/PhD research proposal/synopsis in an open defense in front of externals.
To enable the researchers to stand up and formally defend their proposals and final thesis documents in an open defense, CBM Research Center provides preparatory help. An internal support group is assigned to review the research proposal or the final thesis document before it is sent for open defense. This internal mock defense takes place in front of a team of CBM researchers.
Several research forums and platforms are available for the development of research culture at IoBM.
- International conferences such as ICoBM-2015 and ICEL-2016 [see the conference page]
- MRSS - Multidisciplinary Research Seminar Sessions for the sharing of student and faculty research.
- Research Workshops
- Research Groups in specialized areas for providing a culture of research in selected areas
- MRSS Support and Attendance Tracking
- MPhil/Phd Manuals and their interpretation
- Proposal/Thesis Defense arrangements
- Comprehensive Exam scheduling
- Scheduling of MPhil/Phd Courses
- BASR Meetings and scheduling of proposal defense and final defense.
- Students Progress Tracking and Counseling
- NTS/GAT related issues and clarifications
- Selection/Change of Supervisors
- PhD Student Manual and Counseling
- PhD Research Students Tracking and Counseling
- MPhil Student Manual and Counseling
- MPhil Research Students Tracking and Counseling
- To meet the criteria for evaluation for AACSB accreditation and HEC ranking.
- To increase IoBM’s IFJ publications as an indicator of the quality of research.
- To enable students and faculty publishing in international conferences, to upgrade their research to make it publishable in IFJs and top tiered journals.
- Developing a culture for publications in IFJs and top tiered journals.
IFJ Publications Consultancy Center of CBM will provide help and support services to CBM researchers and MPhil/PhD students. Active researchers of CBM with track record of IFJ publications provide the following support:
- Guidance, mentor ship and training's
- Critical evaluation of research papers and its suitability for IFJs.
- Identification of suitable journals for publication for a given research paper.
- Identification of appropriate ISI recognized conferences where a paper can be published
- Consulting for upgrading the paper to bring it to the IFJ level.
- Workshops for IFJ publications