IoBM Strategic goals include the goal of pursuing leading-edge research and engaging in the development of innovative ideas and analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Based on this goal, the CBM Strategy includes meeting AACSB standards for intellectual contributions and faculty qualifications and exceed them, development of research programs, research faculty and a thriving research culture at IoBM, and the development of executive training and faculty consultancy to drive the research relevance and rigor.
CBM Vision and Mission of Research Programs
Vision of research programs is the production of a real and measurable impact on society and industry through quality research published in impact factor journals and recognized by the industry.
Mission of CBM’s MS/MPhil/PhD research programs in business management is to pursue leading-edge research, engage in the development of innovative ideas and analytical skills, and encourage both faculty and students to be independent and creative thinkers.
|Accounting & Finance||The Department of Accounting & finance is driven to produce research that answers to the current and foremost issues of accounting and finance in business management, local and international. The aim of research is to contribute to the academia diversified and comprehensive information based upon empirical findings that are able to assist not only academicians but also the industry and students at large.|
|Communication||The Department of Communication driven to produce research that answers to the current and foremost issues of accounting and finance in business management, local and international. The aim of research is to contribute to the academia diversified and comprehensive information based upon empirical findings that are able to assist not only academicians but also the industry and students at large.|
|Environment & Energy Management||The Department of Environment and Energy Management driven to produce research that answers to the current and foremost issues of accounting and finance in business management, local and international. The aim of research is to contribute to the academia diversified and comprehensive information based upon empirical findings that are able to assist not only academicians but also the industry and students at large.|
|Health Management||The definition of Health Services Research is constantly evolving and has been defined differently by a number of thinkers and organizations. Among the most comprehensive definitions are those by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Academy for Health Services Research and Health Policy.|
|Management & HRM||The Management and HR Department is geared to provide quality research that contributes to the research environment in the field of academia. Our aspiration is to make change through practical and applied outcomes that can impact academia, industry and the students.|
|Marketing||The marketing department is proficiently moving towards providing latest research in the ever changing field of Marketing. The entire department is working to create an environment of academic and practical research through direct interaction with the corporate world and bridging the gap between theory and practical field work.|
|Supply Chain & Logistics Management||Our department is distinct in that it provides ample opportunities for research in the area of supply chain and logistics management. It has got an expansive infrastructure for research. It assists the faculty and students to spread their research work with the help of strong international networks. Our department runs regular events related to research and development. Several multinational organizations offer a wide array of supply chain research projects to our students each semester|
|Social Entrepreneurship (New v.2016)|
|Energy & Environment Management||6||7||2||7||22|
|Logistics & Supply Chain Management|
Research Committee headed by CBM Research coordinator is responsible for coordinating the various research initiatives of CBM. The committee encourages research through coordination with research students and research faculty and the relevant departments for facilitation of research activities. Its members are:
|Member||Mr Kamran Rabbani||Finance and Accounting Department|
|Member||Ms Aliya Sikandar||Communications Department|
|Member||Dr Aamir Saeed||Marketing Department|
|E-Health,Health Informative,Health Information Technology||Dr. Ather Akhlaq|
|Consumer/Organizational Behavior||Dr. Nadia Ayub|
|Organizational Management & Educational Leadership||Dr. Abid Ali|
|Basic and applied topics of Marketing and HRM||Prof . Amanat A. Jalbani|
|Human Resources & Management||Dr. Afaq Ahmed Kazi|
|Organizational Psychology||Dr. Shamim Ejaz|
|Accounting & Finance||Dr. Imam uddin|
|Management & HRM||Dr. Aamir Firoz Shamsi|
|Strategic Leadership, IT Strategy, Business Analytic, Research Ontology||Dr. Irfan Hyder|
|Political Economy||Dr. Ayesha Shoukat|
|Finance and Accounting||Dr. Mohammad Mahmud|
|Education, Early Childhood Development Sustainable Development||Dr. Shelina Bhamani|
|Marketing/Management||Dr. Amir Saeed|
|Social media marketing activities and brand equity||Dr. Muhammad Adnan Bashir|
|Monetary Economics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics||Mr. Mirza Aqeel Baig|
|Management Sciences||Mr. Nawaz Ahmad|
|Scale devolvement, Family and marriages, Clinical Psychology||Shahid Iqbal|
|Advertising, social media, consumer behavior, service sector||Dr. Irfan Hameed|
|Experiential Learning/ Management||Dr. Samra Javed|
|Education Management||Dr. Yousuf Sharjeel|
|Marketing/Management||Dr Tariq Jalees|
Office of Director Research coordinates the promotion and monitoring of research publications and ensuring that all the faculties and faculty members are involved in research.
Doctoral Committee: This is an institute level research committee which is called the doctoral committee which consists of the three deans with some other members. Its current scope is to look after the overall doctoral research across various colleges.
Travel grant committee which includes the three deans and director of research and its scope involves approving the funding’s for conferences visits and research publications.
Subsidized PhD Program: IoBM’s PhD programs are highly subsidized to encourage hard core research.
Research Fellowships: Research fellows are expected to contribute to research as well as teaching and are expected to be on the campus similar to a full-time faculty and teach two courses.
Research Assistants (RAs): Research students assist faculty members in specified R&D projects approved by the management. They work for stipulated number of hours for which they are paid for generating the predefined deliverable.
Faculty Incentive for doing PhD: Full time faculty is given course exemption incentive as well as the funding for the research degree. Some conditions apply.
Publication Incentives: Research faculty is given financial incentive for publishing in IFJs and in HEC recognized journals
Travel for Conferences: Research faculty is given travel grants for research and publishing papers in international conferences.
Research Funds are available at IoBM for pursuing industry relevant research and students and faculty are encouraged to submit the proposals.
Besides internal funding, EMEC provides support to faculty and research students for designing research proposals for various external funding agencies. EMEC has past experience of several such projects for external bodies.
HEC requires that MPhil/PhD students must defend their final thesis/dissertation in front of the external evaluates in an Open Defense.
In addition, IoBM also requires that the researchers starting their MPhil/PhD research must first defend their MPhil/PhD research proposal/synopsis in an open defense in front of externals.
To enable the researchers to stand up and formally defend their proposals and final thesis documents in an open defense, CBM Research Center provides preparatory help. An internal support group is assigned to review the research proposal or the final thesis document before it is sent for open defense. This internal mock defense takes place in front of a team of CBM researchers.
Several research forums and platforms are available for the development of research culture at IoBM.
- International conferences such as ICoBM-2015 and ICEL-2016 [see the conference page]
- MRSS - Multidisciplinary Research Seminar Sessions for the sharing of student and faculty research.
- Research Workshops
- Research Groups in specialized areas for providing a culture of research in selected areas
- MRSS Support and Attendance Tracking
- MPhil/Phd Manuals and their interpretation
- Proposal/Thesis Defense arrangements
- Comprehensive Exam scheduling
- Scheduling of MPhil/Phd Courses
- BASR Meetings and scheduling of proposal defense and final defense.
- Students Progress Tracking and Counseling
- NTS/GAT related issues and clarifications
- Selection/Change of Supervisors
- PhD Student Manual and Counseling
- PhD Research Students Tracking and Counseling
- MPhil Student Manual and Counseling
- MPhil Research Students Tracking and Counseling
- To meet the criteria for evaluation for AACSB accreditation and HEC ranking.
- To increase IoBM’s IFJ publications as an indicator of the quality of research.
- To enable students and faculty publishing in international conferences, to upgrade their research to make it publishable in IFJs and top tiered journals.
- Developing a culture for publications in IFJs and top tiered journals.
IFJ Publications Consultancy Center of CBM will provide help and support services to CBM researchers and MPhil/PhD students. Active researchers of CBM with track record of IFJ publications provide the following support:
- Guidance, mentor ship and training's
- Critical evaluation of research papers and its suitability for IFJs.
- Identification of suitable journals for publication for a given research paper.
- Identification of appropriate ISI recognized conferences where a paper can be published
- Consulting for upgrading the paper to bring it to the IFJ level.
- Workshops for IFJ publications
- Intellectual Contributions Policy
- Research Relevance
- MPhil/PhD Synopsis Relevance
- Foreign Evaluation of PhD Mid Term Presentation
- Foreign PhD Examiners
- Sharjeel M., Warraich U.A., Khan, B.S., and Shaikh, K.A., "Assessing the Level of Information Security Awareness Displayed by Administrative and Operational Staff of the Banking Sector", Journal of Business Strategies Vol. 9 No.1 June 2015, Research Journal Faculty of Management Sciences and Information Studies, Greenwich University.
- Manzoor, A., and Shaikh, K.A., "Brand Equity & Purchase Intention: The Indian Automobile Industry", Pakistan Business Review 18 No. 3 October 2016, Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Institute of Business Management.
- Khan, M. M., (2017). Effect of Celebrity Endorsement on Consumer Purchase Intention – Evidence from QmobileLinq Advertisement Endorsed by Priyanka Chopra. Pakistan Business Review. (Accepted to be published in October 2017).
- Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M., (2017). Ethics in Advertising: Exploring The Telecommunication Industry’s Employment of Ethics In Advertisements (Accepted; to be published in Journal of Southeast Asian Research in 2017).
- Ali, S., Saleem, M., Ahmed, E., Khan, M. M., Shah, N. &Rafiq, S., (2017). Online Grocery Shopping - A Study of Pakistani Online Market (Accepted; to be published in the Journal of Internet and E-business Studies in 2017).
- Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M. (2016). Ethics in Advertising: Exploring The Telecommunication Industry’s Employment of Ethics In Advertisements (Presented at 28th IBIMA, 2016 Conference (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016).
- Ali, S., Saleem, M., Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M., Shah, N. &Rafiq, S., (2016). Online Grocery Shopping - A Study of Pakistani Online Market (Presented at 28th IBIMA, 2016 Conference (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016).
- Ahmed, E., Samad, N. & Khan, M. M., (2016). Income, Social Class and Consumer Behavior A Focus on Developing Nations. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research. 14(10), 6679-6702. (Indexing – Scopus).
- Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M., (2016). Impact of Capstone Project Course Learning on Students’ Problem Solving Ability. 4thInternational Conference on Global Business & Social Entrepreneurship, Penang, 2016 (pp. 66-74),Penang: Global Business and Social Entrepreneurship Resources (GBSE). (Complete article published in the proceedings).
- AsadUllah, M.,(2016)Exploring Factors Influencing Purchase Intention For Expensive Smart Phones, Science International Journal,28(4),69-73.
- Raza, A., &Jalees, T. 2016, Measuring the Effects of Product Placement Strategy on Attitudinal Aspects. Pakistan Business Review October 2016.
- Raza, A., &Jalees, T. 2016, Determinants of WOM Communication 6th International Conference on Business Management Human Capital Technology and Entrepreneurship: Competitive Advantage and Economic Opportunities 26-27 October 2016 at NUST Business School (NBS).
- Raza, A., &Jalees, T. 2016, Determinant of Compulsive Buying. 4th Global Conference on Business & Social Sciences “Contemporary Issues in Business and Social Sciences Research: A Dubai Initiative” Dates: 14-15 November, 2016 Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira, United Arab Emirates (Complete article will be published in Category A journal).
- Raza, A., 2013. Leader follower expectations: Pygmalion in Management. Journal of Independent studies and research, ISSN: 1998-4154, Vol.11 No.2 page No.29.
- Raza, A., 2010. Gender related stereotypes and their impact on leadership. Journal of Independent studies and research, ISSN: 1998-4154, Vol.8 No.1 page No.229.
- Raza, A., 2009 Does Gender Matter for Leadership? Pakistan Business Review, Vol. 10, No.4.
- Raza, A, & Khan. M. A, 2007 Occupational Stress and Copying Mechanism to Increase Job Satisfaction Among Supervision at Karachi Pharmaceuticals. Market Forces, Vol 2 No.4.
- Raza, A., 2007 Personality at Work a Study of Type A-B. Market Forces, Vol 3 No.3.
- AsadUllah, M.,(2016)Exploring Factors Influencing Purchase Intention For Expensive Smart Phones, Science International Journal,28(4),69-73.
Research groups are often multi-disciplinary and are coordinated by the respective deans and faculty leads and their contributions.
- Human Capital Management (HCM) Research Group
- Marketing Research Group
- Quality Management Research Group
- Islamic Economics – Finance and Banking Research Group
- Psychometric Research Group
- Organizational Psychology Research Group
- Media psychology Research Group
- Entrepreneurship Research Group
- Experiential Learning Research Group
- Economics Research Group
- Education Management Research Group
- Energy Management Research Group
- Ontology and Business Analytics Research Group