- ABBOTT laboratories PAKISTAN limited
- Aga Khan University Hospital
- Artistic Milliners, Karachi
- Attock Cement Pvt. Limited
- English Biscuits Manufactures limited
- Colgate Palmolive Pakistan Limited
- Dawlance Pakistan Limited
- General Tyre Pakistan Limited
- Hubco Refinery Ltd.
- Hino pak Motors Limited
- Razzak Associates , Karachi
Recognizing the importance of networking and relationship management, the Department frequently invites industry professionals for lectures, conferences and corporate events. Our aim is to provide students with the opportunity to establish a strong and lasting contact base before graduation to ensure that they are able to get positions in the industry and business organizations.
After completion of the Industrial Management program, the students engaged with an industry would have acquired the following set of skill:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and management
- ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communication effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for and ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
2ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL ENGINEERING (ICEE 2016) ON “COMMERCIALIZATION OF RESEARCH AND FINAL YEAR PROJECTS: FROM PROTOTYPES TO PRODUCTS TO PROFITS.”27-28TH AUGUST AT IOBM KARACHI.
The objective of the ICEE-2016 was to explore the journey of research and development in engineering and sciences from prototype projects to products to profits through sharing of experiences of successful ventures, case studies, research papers and panel discussions of experts. It bought together engineering researchers, scientists, faculty members, consultants, financiers, industry experts, technologists and academic administrators on a platform which would help in fast tracking the R & D effort from its prototype stage to a commercial product through sustainable enterprises.
CONFERENCE ON ENTREPRENEURIAL ENGINEERING OPPORTUNITIES IN RENEWABLE ENERGY FOR SELF-SUFFICIENCY 4-5 AUGUST 2015
The objective of two day conference was to stimulate research and development of economically feasible renewable energy solutions for Pakistan for the growth of entrepreneurship in the SME Sector. The theme of the conference is to showcase the existing research and technology that can be technically and economically feasible for small and medium size engineering entrepreneurs. The goal is to transform the engineering professionals from being job-seekers into job creators.
The two day conference was aimed for engineering and entrepreneurial students, researchers, academics, professionals, technology providers and investors to explore the entrepreneurial engineering opportunities in renewable and other energy options for resolving the energy crisis of Pakistan. Approximately 200 people participated in the 2 day event.
Several government bodies such as Energy Board, Planning Commission and Renewable Energy Sector, Universities in private and public sector were identified and explored for various engineering options for harnessing renewable energy that are economically feasible. This conference showcased these proposals and solutions in this conference.